Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!


Happy 2011! I went to see the fireworks over Sydney Harbour last night, as 2011 rolled in. Hard to describe, but an amazing show. I had a perfect view of the harbour bridge, with the iconic opera house just to my right. At 9:00pm, they had an eight minute family fireworks show, for those with little ones that can't make it to midnight. Even this show was pretty good. Then, at midnight, the grand event, as fireworks exploded from all sides, with the Harbour Bridge on fire with a cascade of fireworks! Breathtaking, and I've included a photo for you to enjoy. Once I get home, I'll try to edit a bit of the video I also shot, and post it for you to see.

We will be celebrating New Year's Eve a second time today, as our flight crosses the international date line, and returns to 2010, for a few hours. I wonder what they will do on the plane to celebrate? Just one last experience to add to our memories!

This is our last post from Australia, as our flight leaves in just under six hours for the long trip home. As great as this trip has been, it is always good to go home again.

Happy 2011 to everyone, and I'll post again when we are back in Mississauga!

No comments:

Post a Comment